Tuesday, March 19, 2013

i am so excited to have my first-ever guest-blogger here! i intended this blog page of mine to enjoy its anonymity for a long time but i surmised that no blog is an island so...i'm now sharing it with the world!

thank you to little miss honey, dr. honeylette cainday (yes, she is a physician!), for granting me this privilege to feature her post. she is beauty and brains personified and i'm so glad she has kindly graced me with her presence here. here goes!




DREAMING OF SUMMER
 

Summer is definitely here and heating up the place. Unfortunately for me, summer will be postponed this year due to wedding preparations and work stuff. So for consolation, I will just be content in dreaming of summer: beaches, tanning under the sun and cool blue water. One of my best summer escapades was during our family trip in Bohol last 2010. Allow me to relive those memories with you…


After a fun city tour of Bohol, the whole family headed to Panglao Beach. We checked-in a cozy inn and rested for the night. Panglao reminds me of a mini-version of Boracay: the white sands, massages on the beaches and lots of foreigners vacationing. We didn’t have enough time to explore Panglao the next bright and sunny day because we were headed to Balicasag Island. We hired a motorboat to bring us to island. Renting a motorboat cost around P1,500, good for eight to ten people. Balicasag Island is an island a few minutes away from Panglao. It is a marine sanctuary, perfect for diving and snorkeling.

 

 
We spent the whole morning in the island snorkeling. It was such a delight to swim with colorful fishes and seeing live corals. I would advise you to bring an underwater camera if you have, to capture the beauty underwater. After working up an appetite of playing ‘finding nemo’ in Balicasag waters, we had a sumptuous lunch there in one of their cottages. There is a nipa-store there that sells fresh fishes and crustaceans. We can ask them to cook it for us. But of course my baby brother has to have his porkchop so we did order for that one too.




After the hearty lunch, our next stop was to the Virgin Island a few kilometers boat ride from Balicasag. The Virgin Island is more like a sandbar. The sands are whiter and finer. The water is blue and inviting. The boatman said this is where the movie “Muro Ami” starring Cesar Montano was shot. When we arrived on the island, a group of men approached our boat selling what looks like sea urchins. It looks a like a very spiny rambutan. They would crack it in half for you and offer you some vinegar and salt to eat with it. Since I am always up for any gastronomic adventure, I took one. It tasted gooey and salty but overall, not bad. I wouldn’t mind eating a few more. We also had some coconuts juice cracked opened for us as we basked under the sun. It is my mother’s favorite drink and she loved it! There were a lot of people in that tiny sandbar and it looks like we are all one big family reunion having a fun summer outing reunion. Our family did a lot of jumping shots from the boat to the water. It was hilarious! We saw some family having water volleyball game. Some are just swimming silently and enjoying the beautiful view of nature.



We spent a longer time in the Virgin Island. Its water is more conducive to swimming there than in Balicasag Island. The white sands of the sandbar is a lovely sensation for the feet to linger into. I have started to love sandbars after visiting my first ever sand bar in Bais near Dumaguete. After that beach day adventure in Balicasag and Virgin Islands, we went back to the inn, sun-toasted, tired but very happy. Because the summer’s best ingredient is being with your favorite people in the world. To me, that is my family and loved-ones.

Here is to you, summer. I will see you, soon.



For more of my travel adventures as well as food, movie, make up reviews and inspirational tidbits, visit my blog: Little Miss Honey


Thank you, The Geisha Incarnate for allowing me to share my summer memories with you….
 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one. Dapat may ara man sa akon blog =P hehehe

Little Miss Honey said...

Thank you Geisha Incarnate... I am honoured to be your first ever guest blogger in your blog... Hoping for more blog collaborations with you....